The Firebox series is the only UL-recognized housing that is designed to maintain the fire rating in the ceiling in which it is installed. This 6" incandescent airtight recessed light housing features 1/2" and 3/4" knockouts for rigid conduit or BX fittings, knockout free integral Romex clamps, and an access door in the housing for field inspection of wiring.
The universal, junction box has snap-out sides, a grounding pigtail, and overspray protection. Fiberglass gasket on bottom of frame to minimize heat transfer into ceiling cavity. The housing is notched for chalk line alignment for easier installation and adjusts to fit ceiling from 1/2" to 2-1/2" thick. For use in new construction applications. Fits into 2 x 10 construction.
- UL classified to maintain fire ratings of 1 hour or less for UL P200 and P500 series roof/ceiling designs
- UL classified to maintain fire ratings of 2 hours or less for UL D200, D500, G200, G500, L200 and L500 series floor/ceiling designs
- Porcelain socket with nickel-plated brassscrew shell
- Non IC rated
- Lamp type: Incandescent/medium base/ watts
- Dimensions: 16-1/8" wide x 10-1/4" long x 8-3/4" high
- Ceiling opening: 6-7/8"
- maxiumum ceiling thickness: 2"
- Weight: 14 lbs
- UL/CUL listed (Damp location listed and feed through branch wiring)
- 1-year manufacturer's warranty